Start now with 3 Free Trial Hours
We help Kids with Learning Disabilities learn to Read and Write
Dialogue Based, 1-to-1 Sessions
Multisensory, Researched Based Instruction
The Reading Clinic staff has experience with learning differences, learning disabilities, dyslexia, central auditory processing disorders (CAPD), ADD, ADHD, cognitive and neurological disorders, and Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD).
dyslexia is a learning disorder that manifests itself as a difficulty with reading and spelling. Our Reading with Ease® Program addresses the areas most affected in those with dyslexia.
- Phonemic Awareness
- Word Attack
- Word Recognition
- Reading Fluency
- Visual Memory
The Reading with Ease® program combines several research based programs providing students with simultaneous multi-sensory stimulation in their specific area of need. Our program develops phonetic and visual processing as well as reading fluency and self-monitoring.
Dyscalculia is a learning disorder that manifests itself as a difficulty in math concepts. The Reading Clinic’s Math with Ease® Program addresses the areas most affected in those with Dyscalculia.
- Number & Quantity Sense
- Basic Fact Strategies
- Time & Money Concepts
- Place Value
- Fractions & Decimals
- Basic Algebraic Equations
Learning math is a multi-sensory process. We use manipulatives for each skill being learned so that a student can attach concrete meaning to symbols on paper. We have chosen our manipulatives to match up exactly to what happens on paper so that every step of a problem can be discovered through guided questioning. The student moves from using manipulatives to visualizing and then verbalizing how they would solve a problem. This process continues until the student can solve a problem on paper independently and accurately.
Dysgraphia is a learning disorder that manifests itself as difficulties with spelling, poor handwriting and trouble putting thoughts on paper. The Reading Clinic offers following programs to address issues related to dysgraphia.
- Occupational Therapy—Develops motor skills and test for hand-eye-coordination.
- Reading with Ease—Multi-sensory techniques for learning letters, shapes and numbers. The students practice writing letters and numbers in the air with big arm movements to improve motor memory of these important shapes as well as practice letters and numbers with smaller hand or finger motions.
- Writing with Ease—Explicitly teaches different types of writing. As is extremely important with students with dysgraphia, students complete tasks in small steps instead of all at once. The Reading Clinic’s writing program fuses the elements in our other programs to help students develop and strengthen comprehension, verbal expression, organization and structure. Because there is a wide variety of strengths and weaknesses in the students who enroll in this program, one-to-one tutoring is critical in working toward a student’s best writing.
Auditory Processing Disorder (APD or CAPD) is a disorder that manifests itself as difficulties understanding language. The Reading Clinic The Reading Clinic uses the Comprehension with Ease Program® to address issues related to CAPD. This program teaches students how to both draw meaning from oral and written language and to verbally express their understanding of it.
Nonverbal learning disabilities are Neurological disorders which manifests as difficulties in many differsnt areas. The Reading Clinic offers the following programs to address issues related to NLD.
- Motoric—Lack of coordination and severe balance problems. The Reading Clinic offers Occupational Therapy services.
- Sensory—Sensitivity in any of the sensory modes: visual, auditory, tactile, taste or olfactory. The Reading Clinic offers Occupational Therapy services.
- Visual-spatial—Organizational difficulties in decision making, planning, initiative, assigning priority, sequencing, emotional regulation, inhibition, problem solving, planning, impulse control, establishing goals, monitoring results of action and self-correcting.