Who We Are
- Fifty years combined experience in clinical settings
- Highly skilled and trained staff of professional learning consultants and tutors
- Highly trained in multi-sensory programs geared for students at all levels, including those with learning differences and learning disabilities (including dyslexia and autism) as well as those seeking enrichment
- Experience with learning differences, learning disabilities, dyslexia, central auditory processing disorders (CAPD), ADD, ADHD, cognitive and neurological disorders, Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD), including autism and Asperger’s Syndrome.
We are trained to implement the following programs:
- The Writing with Ease® Program
- The Math with Ease® Program
- Quick Reads® Research-Based Fluency Program
- Great Leaps® Reading Program
- The Morphology Program®
- The Alert Program® for Self-Regulation
- Handwriting Without Tears® Program
Beth Powell has worked in the field of education for 15 years. After completing her BA degree in Math and her MA in Transformative Leadership with a focus on math education, she developed the Math with Ease® Program. She worked at Lindamood-Bell and has been trained in Slingerland. She has given talks at many events, including the California Mathematics Council’s Asilomar conference, the Cupertino Union school district and for SELPA. Beth is also a musician and plays in a sailor band at historical recreation events.
Alison Cordeiro is the Clinic Manager at The Reading Clinic in San Mateo. She received her Baccalaureate degree in Political Science from Stanford University, and has worked in education and youth development for 5 years. Alison has worked with students across the spectrum of learning differences in both the United States and in Belize. While working as an intern on Capitol Hill, she helped to research, draft, and gather support for two bills that were passed into law.
Anne is a credentialed teacher with eight years of classroom experience. She has spent the last two years coaching students in a variety of subjects as proprietor of 180° Academic Services. Anne holds an MBA and prior to her move to education, Anne worked in accounting and finance for a variety of local high-tech and service companies. Anne recently earned her MFA in Creative Writing and is working on her first collection of short stories.
Gina is the Director at The Reading Clinic in Saratoga and Los Altos. She holds BS in Psychology and a BA in Spanish. She’s worked for The Reading Clinic since 2007 and has worked in education for over 10 years. She specializes in applied behavior analysis and has facilitated small groups on a wide range of topics including anger management, impulse control and emotional regulation. She has worked in schools as an early intervention and prevention coordinator.
Peggy is the clinic manager at Thereading clinic in Palo Alto. She received her B.A. in Humanities and certification in TESOL, has been with The Reading Clinic since 2009. She has worked in education for over 15 years in a variety of settings, including tutoring centers, private schools, adult schools, and language centers. She has enjoyed teaching English in Japan, China, and Russia. Peggy has also been involved with the San Francisco theater community for several years.